Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana scheme is an important step taken by the present Government of India. It is a part of the campaign of “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao.” This scheme is available only for child daughters. Any parent of a child girl can secure his daughter future through this scheme. If you have a daughter in your home, then you should read this post.
What is sukanya samriddhi yojana scheme?
The SSY scheme is a project of the Government of India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches this scheme on January 22, 2015, as part of the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign. The program helps parents to collect fund for child daughter. Through this project, any parents can save money for their daughter’s higher education and marriage. In this project, parents can secure the future of the child daughter by submitting a portion of their income.
Parents of a child girl under ten years of age can take advantage of this scheme. If your daughter is more than ten years old, you can not take advantage of this scheme. But, parents of a male child cannot take advantage of this scheme. According to this project, More than two accounts cannot be opened in a family. But in any family, if the twin daughters or three daughters are born together, then three accounts can be opened in the family. Once the account holder is 21 years old, the account will be closed.
Eligibility for sukanya samriddhi yojana account:
- All the girls (child) who are under the age of 10 years, their parents can take advantage of the scheme for their daughter.
- Only two Sukanya samriddhi accounts available for a family.
- The girl must be a citizen of India.
Document required for opening sukanya samriddhi account:
- Birth certificate of the account holder (child girl).
- A legal guardian or real guardian’s identity proof. (Aadhaar card, PAN card, voter card, etc.)
- Address proof of the legal guardian or real guardian.
- Photograph of the child and his guardian.
- Sukanya samriddhi yojana’s application form.
Advantages of opening sukanya samriddhi account:
- If the city or state changes for any reason, an account holder can transfer his account to the branch of that state.
- The account can be closed, or money can be withdrawn according to the situation. If the accountant dies due to any reason, then the account can be closed. Or, if he has any lethal disease, in this situation money can be withdrawn.
- In this account, you can deposit a minimum of 250 rupees to maximum 150,000 rupees annually.
- The deposit can be possible through Check, cash, draft, or online in this account.
- This account can be opened at all major banks and post offices.
- The interest portion is directly credit to the bank account.
- If the account holder is above 18 years of age, 50% of the money can be withdrawn for higher education and marriage purpose.
Some other information about sukanya samriddhi scheme:
- You will be able to deposit up to 1,50 lakhs of the amount in this account per year.
- If the minimum amount of money is not deposited in a year, then have to pay a fine of 50 rupees.
- If the account holder is married within 18 to 21 years, the account will be closed.
- Money cannot be withdrawn from the account without reason for the daughter.
- Now the annual interest rate of this scheme is 8.5 percent. However, it was changed every year in April.
- The account can only be opened in the name of a daughter. The guardian will only be the depositor.
- According to Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, Get tax relief after depositing 1.50 lakhs a year.
- If you deposit 1,50 lakhs of rupees in a year, it will come under the Income Tax Department.
- An account will be maturating after the 21 years from the opening date.
How can I open an account under sukanya samriddhi yojana?
This account can be opened in any authorised bank. You can also open this account from the post office. An account will be opening after submitting the application form and the required documents at the bank or post office. sukanya samriddhi accounts will be open in this following bank. (State Bank, Bank of Baroda, Canada Bank, Uco Bank, Allahabad Bank, Bank of India and Andhra Bank)
Total account opening:
After the launch of this central government’s project, about 1.80 lakhs accounts have been opened in just two months. In Karnataka, the maximum number of accounts opened. According to statistics, 56,717 accounts have been opened in Karnataka. Tamil Nadu is in the second place in this list where 43,362 accounts have been opened. The number of opening accounts in Bihar is 204, which is the lowest number.