The West Bengal Department of Higher Education provides various types of scholarships to talented but financially fragile students every year, such as Kanyashree Scholarship, Oasis Scholarship, Aikyashree Scholarship. Another accessible scholarship currently offered by the West Bengal Government is Swami Vivekananda Scholarship.
Students who have passed matriculation, high secondary or graduation this year and admitted to a new course will be eligible to apply for this scholarship. The purpose of awarding this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to talented but financially weaker students in West Bengal so that they do not get deprived of education. A full description of the scholarship given by the Government of West Bengal is explaining below.
Eligibility required for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
- The student must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- Students who have admitted a new course this year will only be able to apply for the scholarship.
- Annual household income of applicant family earned from various sources must be less than 2 lakh rupees.
- Under the terms of the scholarship, only those who hold the required minimum number are eligible for this scholarship. The following is a list of the minimum number required for various courses to be eligible for the scholarship.
|SL NO||Current course||Required Number|
|1||Class IX and X||Minimum 75% marks is required in Matriculation exam to qualify for this scholarship.|
|2||For UG or Polytechnic course||Minimum 75% marks is required in higher secondary exam to qualify for this scholarship.|
|3||For Post graduate course||Minimum 53% marks is required in under graduate course exam to qualify for this scholarship.|
Required Document to be uploaded:
The applicant should keep in mind that he/she needs to scan some document and need to make them as a PDF format before applying for this scholarship. At the time of applying for this scholarship, he/she need to upload the documents. The following is a list of required documents.
- Picture of front and back page of marks sheet of the applicant’s last exam.
- Applicant’s Family Income Certificate
- Picture of front and back page of the applicant’s bank account passbook.
- Any identity card such as aadhaar card, voter card, ration card.
- Recent passport size picture
- HOI certificate (a certificate that is verified by the Head of the Institute).
Online Application Method for Swami Vivekananda Merit-Cum Mins Scholarship:
- First, the applicant has to visit the portal of ‘SVMCM’ to start the new application process.
- After entering the portal, click on the ‘Registration’ option at the top right of the screen.
- Now, click on the ‘Procedure for registration’ button at the bottom of this page.
- Then the applicant has to select the current course from this category in which he studies.
- An application form will open on the next page. Here the applicant has to give some necessary details such as details of the class studied earlier, the applicant’s name, mobile number, email ID, etc. Besides, the applicant has to give the present course details in which currently he is studying. Then set a password and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- An OTP will send on the mobile number provided by the applicant. Next, need to verify the mobile number through received OTP.
- After the Mobile Number Verification, the applicant will be given an acknowledgement slip. The acknowledgement slip will contain information related to the applicant’s account.
- Then the applicant will have to log in to his account with the user ID and password provided in the acknowledgement slip to complete the rest part.
- After opening the account with user ID and password, a dashboard will appear on the screen. Now click on the ‘Edit Profile’ option at the bottom of this dashboard.
- A new form will open on this page. After scrolling down the form, the applicant will have to upload his / her picture and signature. After uploading the photograph and signature, he/she need to click on the ‘Save and Upload’ button.
- On the next page, need to provide some necessary information of applicant such as applicant’s name, mother’s name, father’s occupation, religion, gender, cast, aadhaar number, address, etc. Besides, the applicant will also have to enter his bank details on this page. After entering all the information in the right place, click on the ‘Save and Continue’ button.
- The applicant has to upload all required files on this page which are previous class mark sheet, front-page of bank passbook, cast certificate, family income certificate etc. After uploading the documents need to accept the Term and Condition and click on the ‘Save and Continue’ button.
- In this way, the applicant can complete the registration process for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship.
Amount of scholarship stipulated for students:
For each course, different scholarships have been earmarked by the Government of West Bengal. Applicants can know the amount of scholarship available for the course currently being studied before applying.
For students studying in Class XI and XII:
The students who are currently studying in classes XI and XII, the amount of scholarship stipulated by the Government is 1000 rupees per month. However, only those students who have secured 75% marks in the secondary examination are eligible for this scholarship.
For Under graduate student: (Engineering / Medical/Honours/GNM/Para-medical)
Those currently studying in engineering courses or those studying in medical courses after high school can apply for this scholarship. Besides, students studying in Honors / GNM / Para-medical courses are eligible for this scholarship. Students studying in all these courses can get scholarships ranging from Rs. 1000 to Rs.5000. Only those student who got 75% marks in the high secondary will be able to get this scholarship.
For students studying in Diploma (Polytechnic) course:
Students who have taken the Polytechnic Course, and have obtained a 75% marks in Secondary or Higher Secondary level, are eligible to apply for this scholarship. For the students studying in Polytechnic course, Rs.1500 has been allocated every month from the state government.
For Post Graduation:
Postgraduate students who got a 53% marks in UG courses are eligible to apply for this scholarship. The state government has allocated the amount of Rs.2000 to Rs.5000 per month for the students studying in this course.
Renewal Application of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship:
Students who once enjoyed the benefits of the scholarship are again eligible for this scholarship. In this case, the conditions laid down by the Government must be consistent. The re-application process is discussed below.
Required qualification to renewal the application:
The students who have got the scholarship for the first time in class XI, and want to renew the application. He will have to need at least 60% in the annual examination of 11th class.
Among the students studying in Polytechnic or UG courses, who got 60% marks in the first year exam are eligible to renew this scholarship in the second year.
The students studying in the Postgraduate (PG) course, among them who received 50% marks in the first year exam, are eligible to renew this scholarship in the second year.
- The applicant will have to log in to his account with user ID and password.
- After that, the applicant will have to upload the first-year mark sheet and the admission slips of the second year here. Now accept the term and condition and click on the ‘ Submit Application ‘ button.
- Now click on the ‘Finalization’ button at the bottom of the next page to proceed.
- After uploading the ‘HOI’ certificate on this page, the applicant will have to click on the ‘Final Submission of Scholarship Application’ button to complete the application process. This way, students can apply for a second scholarship.
The selection process for this scholarship depends on the qualifications of the students. Apart from this, the financial status of the applicant students dependent on selection. A list will be created for applying students based on their qualifications. Based on this list, applicants will get the benefit of this scholarship.
How the applicant can track his / her application?
Any applicant can check the status of his application after applying. The process of checking the application is very simple. The procedure for checking the status of the application is discussed below.
- First, the applicant has to login to his account.
- Then click on the ‘Track Applications’ button.
- The next page will show the application status on the screen.
- If a candidate excludes his / her course for which the scholarship has been awarded, the scholarship will be cancelled.
- If an applicant is already a beneficiary of any other scholarship provided by the state government, the scholarship will be cancelled.
- Applicant’s scholarship will be terminated if the documents uploaded by the applicants are false. Legal steps will be taken to raise the amount of scholarships.
- If a candidate violates any rules of scholarship, his / her scholarship will be terminated.
If the applicant has any questions or facing any problem while applying, they can contact the number below. Also, the applicant can report his / her problem by mailing the email id provided here. The applicant’s problem will be resolved within a short time.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship helpline number – 1800-102-8014 (Toll-Free)
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Question(FAQ)
- How to maintain file format and size when uploading photos and signatures?
The photo and signature must be in JPG / JPG format, and the size should be between 20-50KB and 10-20KB, respectively.
- Is it possible to edit the application form?
If the applicant finalizes the application, then it is not possible to edit the application again.
- What happens if someone is applying under the wrong department?
If the application is not finalized, then need to reject the application from the Dashboard. And submit a new application.
- What happens if an applicant selects the wrong course\institution when applying?
If the final submission of the application is not made, the application should be rejected from the Dashboard. And need to submit a new application.